Talbot Timber is one of the leading producers of Posi-Joists or Open-web joists for housing and commercial applications – both floors and roofs. Also known as metal-webbed joists they combine the lightness of timber with the strength of steel, are easy to install and span greater distances than timber alternatives to allow unequalled design freedom.
The Posi-Joist™ offers exceptional floor performance from a minimum 72mm wide fixing surface, and the unique open web design makes it easier for plumbers and electricians to install services with no drilling, notching or cutting needed – helping reduce time and costs.
Posi Joist Benefits
- Fully prefabricated and manufactured, reducing on site labour costs
- Greater design freedom when planning for services
- Posi Joists can be supplied with adjustable end blocks for site trimming if required
- Strong but lightweight for easier on site handling
- Fully engineered so no need for costly engineers calculations or input
- Can be used for both roof and floor designs